Being Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered and Bible-based
Chalybeate Springs Baptist Church will
Glorify God, Grow Disciples, and Graciously Love People
- I. We will Glorify God by:
- A. Celebrating the lordship of Christ through joyful worship, fervent prayer and praise. Psalm 86:1-17; Psalm 150:1-6; Eph. 5:19-20.
- B. Cultivating a love of God and desiring His presence. Exodus 33:13-16; Psalm 42:1-11; Psalm 63:1-11; Matt 22:37-40.
- C. Leading Christ-like lives through the power of the Holy Spirit and by committing every area of life to God. John 15:8; Romans 8:11;12:1-2; 1 Cor. 10:31.
- II. We will Grow Disciples by:
- A. Using every opportunity and way to multiply the spread of the Gospel in our community and throughout the world. Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; 1 Cor. 9:19-23.
- B. Teaching and encouraging a growing understanding and application of the infallible Word of God to daily living. Psalm 1:1-3; 2 Tim. 2:2;3:16-17.
- C. Equipping believers to use their Spiritual gifts and abilities to build up the body and glorify God. Rom. 12:4-8; 1 Cor. 12; Eph. 4:11-12.
- III. We will Graciously Love People by:
- A. Providing unselfish ministry to those in need in the church, community and the world. Matt. 5:16; Matt. 10:42; Matt. 22:39-40
- B. Creating opportunities for meaningful fellowship and the building of relationships. Acts 2:42-47.
- C. Applying the “one another” principle (loving, honoring, building up, admonishing, being kind to, forgiving, encouraging, serving, etc.)
John 13:35; Rom. 12:10; Rom. 14:19; Rom. 15:14; Eph. 4:32; Eph. 5:21; 1 Peter 4: 8-10
Every area of this vision depends upon being:
Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered and Bible-based
Romans 15:18-19; Eph. 1; Col. 3: 1-4; 2 Pet. 1:19-21.